AGITG Innovation Fund
The three AGITG Innovation Fund grants of up to $200,000 each are made possible through generous contributions from:
- the GI Cancer Institute’s Gutsy Challenge program;
- the Spencer Gibson Foundation; and
- the His Honour Alan Bishop Fund.
Expenditure of these funds requires an overall framework that respects their philanthropic origin, and must align with the strategic direction of the AGITG.
Innovation funding will be awarded to AGITG members to further three AGITG led research projects in 2020. Expenditure decisions will be based on scientific merit and with the intention that they lead to enhancement of the AGITG research program.
Three projects will be awarded up to $200,000 each. The amount and duration of funding for individual projects will be determined as part of the application process.
Applications will be reviewed and prioritised by the Grants Committee, which will provide a recommendation for funding to the AGITG Board.
Management of the research funding application process is delegated to the Chief Executive Officer.
The successful projects will be announced at the AGITG Annual Scientific Meeting.
1. Scientific Merit of Research Proposal
The research proposal must be an original scientific idea with the potential to impact future clinical practice, and be one of the following:
- An AGITG-sponsored Pilot phase, interventional study that aims to progress to a large-scale AGITG-sponsored trial, or
- A translational or biomarker study linked to AGITG trial/s, or
- An activity or resource that aims to develop AGITG methodology, capacity or infrastructure.
- Project commencement must be within 6 months of receiving the Grant.
- Project completion must be within the timeframe.
- Purchase of the study intervention will not be funded by the AGITG.
3. Alignment with AGITG Research Priorities
4. AGITG Involvement
- The research proposal is led by at least one AGITG Member with a minimum of 12 months membership.
Applications that do not meet these criteria will not be considered.
To view the conditions of funding, please request an application form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.