Endorsed Study Model
Since 1991, the AGITG has been developing and conducting practice-changing research in GI cancers. In 2019, the scope of our research was expanded with the launch of the Endorsed Study Model.
This Model supports the development of pilot trials sponsored and conducted by other institutions, with the aim of developing data to support large-scale AGITG-led studies.
Benefits of the Endorsed Study Model
The AGITG will liaise with the sponsoring institution to:
- Conduct feasibility to gauge interest from a wide network of potential sites to participate in the study;
- Advertise the study on the AGITG website;
- Promote the study to AGITG members;
- Invite presentations at the ASM; and
- CAP review and feedback: lay summary of concept and master Participant Information Sheet and Consent Form.
View all open Endorsed Studies
“I anticipate that our study will guide clinical practice and I hope that findings will lead to a clinical meaningful improvement in patient outcomes. On behalf of all the investigators involved with the RENO study, I sincerely thank the AGITG.” – Prof Chris Karapetis, RENO Study Chair
The AGITG encourages investigators to submit concepts requiring ‘endorsement’ or ‘sponsorship’ for consideration. Investigators requesting AGITG endorsement of concepts must agree to the following governance framework:
- AGITG governance for endorsement:
- AGITG Working Party reviews and approves the scientific merit of the research proposal.
- AGITG Consumer Advisory Panel reviews and approves the relevance of the concept from a consumer perspective.
- AGITG reviews the site payments allocated to conduct the study.
- A Trial Management Committee (TMC) is appointed to maintain oversight.
- An AGITG Member is an Investigator on the study.
- Reporting study updates to AGITG:
- The Working Party and Scientific Advisory Committee may request study updates throughout study duration.
- TMC and Data and Safety Monitoring Committee meeting minutes will be shared with the AGITG.
- The Institution will prepare and submit monthly progress reports in alignment with current AGITG practice, using the AGITG reporting template.
- Trial newsletters circulated to participating sites will be shared with AGITG.
- If the pilot research develops a positive signal that warrants a larger-scale study, AGITG will have the expectation to review and act as Sponsor of the study.
- The Project Leader and AGITG will work together to source additional grant or industry funding.
- A Coordinating Centre selected by the AGITG will coordinate the large-scale study.
- AGITG will request access to the pilot study data for the purposes of developing a larger-scale study.
- AGITG will be acknowledged in all publications arising from the pilot study to reflect the support provided to the Project Leader.
How to develop your research with us
Funding opportunities for members