Walk, Run or Ride for Research
Grab your running or riding shoes and join one of the many fun runs and rides across Australia to help the GI Cancer Institute raise vital funds for GI cancer research.
Taking part in a run or ride is a great way to keep healthy while also raising funds and awareness for the 28,900 Australian’s diagnosed with GI cancer each year.
Once you’ve selected your event below, simply sign up via the link.
Your next step is to create your very own Fundraising page!
Step 1: Visit https://www.gofundraise.com.au/
Step 2: Select ‘Start Fundraising’
Step 3: Create an Individual or Team page and choose GI Cancer Institute as your charity of choice
Step 4: Select ‘Personal Challenge’ and follow the prompts to fill in your details and create your very own page.
Step 5: Share your story about why you have chosen to raise funds for GI cancer research and share the page with family, friends and colleagues – asking for donations.
Here is a list of some great events coming up in 2020 that you can be a part of:
- The Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon, Sunday 17th May https://smhhalfmarathon.com.au/
- City2Surf, Sunday 9th August http://city2surf.com.au/
- Beach2Beach, Sunday 23rd August https://pub2pub.com.au/
- Blackmores Sydney Running Festival, Sunday 20th September https://worldsmarathons.com/marathon/blackmores-sydney-marathon
- Great Ocean Road Running Festival, Saturday 16th & Sunday 17th May https://greatoceanroadrunfest.com.au/
- Run Melbourne, Sunday 26th July https://events.solemotive.com/run-melbourne/
- Melbourne Marathon Festival, Sunday 4th October http://melbournemarathon.com.au/
- Gold Coast Running Festival, Sunday 26th April https://www.theeventcrew.com.au/event/gold-coast-running-festival/
- Runaway Noosa Marathon, Sunday 23rd May https://runawaynoosamarathon.com.au/
- Brisbane Marathon, Saturday 6th & Sunday 7th June https://www.brisbanemarathon.com.au/
- Gold Coast Marathon, Saturday 4th & Sunday 5th July https://goldcoastmarathon.com.au/
- City to Surf, Sunday 30th August http://perthcitytosurf.com/
- X Adventures Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th April https://xadventure.rapidascent.com.au/
- Great Southern Run Fest, Sunday 3rd May http://greatsouthernruns.com/
- Adelaide Marathon, Sunday 31st May https://adelaidemarathon.org.au/
- Westpac City-Bay Fun Run, Sunday 20th September http://www.city-bay.org.au/
- City to Surf, Sunday 20th June https://ntcity2surf.com.au/
Check out our training tips to help get you started.