The Australasian Gastro-Intestinal Trials Group (AGITG) is seeking expressions of interest from people affected by gastro-intestinal cancer (survivors /patients /carers /family) to join a Consumer Advisory Panel.
Gastro-Intestinal cancers are those of the digestive system and include the oesophagus, stomach, liver, gall bladder, pancreas and bowel.
The AGITG Consumer Advisory Panel was formed in 2008 to provide a mechanism for advice to be received on general research directions and priorities from a consumer perspective including identifying unmet needs in the community.
The primary roles of the Panel are to provide the AGITG with a consumer perspective relating to:
- Relevance of new clinical trial concepts including validity of the overall trial question;
- Ease of understanding the concept lay summary, master Patient Information and Consent Forms and trial results lay summary.
- Identifying gaps in research and new research questions;
- Trial management (via Panel member participation on Trial Management Committees);
- Grant applications (via Panel member participation as Associate Investigators);
- Advising on patient recruitment strategies; and
- Assisting with fundraising activities.
The GI Cancer Institute is a division of the AGITG which raises awareness and funds to support GI cancer research. Panel members are asked to become involved in the activities of the Institute.
Terms of Reference
To view the Consumer Advisory Panel Terms of Reference click here
Membership is initially for a three year period. Participation is voluntary and all expenses are reimbursed. Training is provided. The Panel meets as required to review new research concepts and provide feedback from the patients’ perspective. The Panel also meets as a Group twice per year. Members also attend the three day AGITG Annual Scientific Meeting.
To learn more about involvement contact the Chief Executive Officer – Russell Conley on 1300 66 67 69.
Register your interest
If you are interested in volunteering to become a member of the Panel please apply using the form below.