Over the past six months there have been a further six publications involving the group including: the survival results in patients with periampullary adenocarcinoma from ESPAC3 (published in July in JAMA), and the TROG /AGITG short course vs long course RT in rectal cancer (published in Sept in JCO). The main publication for the CO-20 trial has been accepted for publication in JCO. There have also been over 10 oral or poster presentations of AGITG studies at ASCO, MOGA and ESMO this year.
- Ng, M. et al. Australasian Gastrointestinal Trials Group (AGITG) contouring atlas and planning guidelines for intensity-modulated radiotherapy in anal cancer. INT J RADIAT ONCOL, 83(5):1455-1462 (Pub. 1-Aug-12)
- Smalley, S. et al. Updated analysis of SWOG-directed intergroup study 0116: a phase III trial of adjuvant radiochemotherapy versus observation following curative gastric cancer resection (CALGB-9195; ECOG-6290; NCCTG-90-41-51; RTOG 9018 and SWOG 9008). J CLIN ONCOL, 30(19):2327-33 (Pub.14-May-12)
- Harbison, C. et al. Validation of Companion Diagnostic for Detection of Mutations in codons 12 and 13 of the KRAS Gene in Patients with Metastatic Colorectal Cancer: Analysis of the NCIC CTG CO.17 Trial. ARCH PATHOL LAB MED, Epub (Pub. 3-Oct-12).
- Neoptolemos, J. et al. Effect of Adjuvant Chemotherapy With Fluorouracil Plus Folinic Acid or Gemcitabine vs Observation on Survival in Patients With Resected Periampullary Adenocarcinoma: The ESPAC-3 Periampullary Cancer Randomized Trial. JAMA-J AM MED ASSOC, 308(2): 147-156 (Pub 11-Jul-12).
- Ngan, S. et al. Randomized Trial of Short-Course Radiotherapy Versus Long-Course Chemoradiation Comparing Rates of Local Recurrence in Patients With T3 Rectal Cancer: Trans-Tasman Radiation Oncology Group Trial 01.04. J CLIN ONCOL, Epub (Pub 24-Sept-12).
- Dear. R et al. Identifying and prioritising gaps in colorectal cancer trials research in Australia. Med J Aust 2012; 197 (9): 507-511.