Looking for a delicious nutritious side salad for Christmas? Look no further than this Christmas watermelon salad. The watermelon provides a source of the carotenoid lycopene which has antioxidant properties for your health. This salad is simple to make and packs a punch of freshness and Christmas colours to complement many main dishes.
Watermelon Salad Ingredients
- 1kg watermelon, peeled, cut into thin wedges (option to use star cookie cutter to have Christmas themed watermelon pieces)
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (60g) pitted Sicilian olives
- 200g feta, thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 60g packet Australian Rocket
- 120ml Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 small garlic clove, bruised
- To make the dressing for the watermelon salad mix lime juice oil, honey and garlic. Season. Shake well to combine. Discard garlic.
- Arrange the watermelon, spinach, onion and olives on a large serving platter. Top with the feta and mint. Drizzle the watermelon salad with dressing.
Recipe modified from taste.com.au.
“arugula watermelon salad” by chotda is licensed with CC BY-NC-ND 2.0. To view a copy of this license, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/