The holiday season is the best time to gather with family and friends. This chickpea salad has a multitude of flavours that come together like a celebration of its own.
Whatever is on your menu, and whether it’s brunch, lunch or dinner, you can be sure that this is one recipe that will go perfectly with your holiday plans!
- 425g (15oz) can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- or use 1½ cups boiled chickpeas
- ½ large red onion, chopped
- 1 medium red capsicum, diced
- 1 medium green capsicum, diced
- ½ medium cucumber, diced
- ⅓ cup black olive, sliced
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- or omit for a vegan-friendly version
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ to ¾ tsp dried oregano or to taste
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp ground sumac
- ¼ tsp black pepper or to taste
- salt to taste
To a large bowl add chickpeas, chopped red onion, diced peppers, diced cucumber and olives. Set it aside.
To a small bowl or measuring jar, add olive oil, lemon juice, dried oregano, smoked paprika, ground sumac, black pepper and salt. Whisk to combine.
Pour dressing over the bowl of salad and toss to combine. At this point, you may cover and refrigerate the salad for 30 minutes for the flavours to combine.
Add crumbled feta cheese and chopped parsley and serve immediately!
Notes: To the dressing you can also add other seasonings like garlic powder, red pepper flakes. You can also add a touch of honey/maple syrup as per your taste and preference.
Recipe: Cook with Manali