Healthy does not mean boring! Take care of yourself at home with these nutritious banana oatmeal pancakes. Banana and oats provide soluble fibre for a healthy bowel and keep you feeling full for longer. Make this year be your best year with nutritious, delicious and simple food choices.
- 1/2 cup Skim milk (you can use almond or soy as alternative)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Egg White
- 1 Banana
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 1/2 cups Rolled Oats
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla (optional)
- ½ Fresh blueberries (or frozen thawed) can replace with any berry or fruit if choice
- 1 Fresh Banana Slices
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- In a blender, add milk, eggs, egg white, banana, honey vanilla (optional), rolled oats, baking powder and salt.
- Blend until smooth.
- Heat frying pan over medium heat. Once warmed, spray with non-stick cooking spray or butter in frying pan. Pour pancake batter into frying pan in circles.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on one side. Turn over and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Arrange fruit toppings, dollop of Greek yoghurt and drizzle with honey.