When you are ready to start embracing the warmer months, transition into Spring with this powerpack Spring Salad. Add a protein source (beans, meat, chicken, egg or fish) to make into a main meal or serve as a side dish.
- bunch small beetroot, ends trimmed (can used tinned beetroot if required)
- 2 carrots, slice
- 500g butternut pumpkin, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (50g) walnut halves
- 1 tablepsoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 small fennel, finely shaved
- 1 orange, zested, peeled, segmented
- 120g pkt Baby Rocket
- 100g goat’s cheese, crumbled
Preheat oven to 180°C. Wrap each beetroot in foil and place on a baking tray. Line another baking tray with baking paper. Place carrots and pumpkin on the lined tray and drizzle with 2 teaspoons of the oil. Season.
Bake, turning pumpkin and carrots occasionally, for 30 mins or until the pumpkin and beetroot are tender. Set aside to cool slightly. Wearing gloves, carefully peel beetroot. Cut into wedges.
Place the orange juice, mustard, remaining oil and remaining honey in a screw-top jar and shake until well combined. Season.
Combine the beetroot, pumpkin, carrots, fennel, orange segments and rocket in a serving bowl. Drizzle with a little of the dressing. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with orange zest, walnuts and goat’s cheese. Serve with remaining dressing.