This smoothie provides a great source of antioxidants (berries), protein (milk and yogurt) and B vitamins (oats). Smoothies are a healthy quick and convenient option for breakfast or lunch on warmer days. Smoothies also provide a good option for people who require a liquid diet during some treatments for cancer.
- 1/2 cup traditional rolled oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries or strawberries (fresh berries are cheap and accessible during the spring/summer months)
- 2 teaspoons LSA (grounded linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds)-optional
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk (option to use full fat milk If needing to increase energy density of your meals)
- 1 cup reduced-fat plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons honey
Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until combine. Chill in fridge as desired.