- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 small leek bulbs, outer layers removed, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 can low-sodium diced tomatoes (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 1/4 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth (certified gluten-free if necessary)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a Dutch oven or large oven-safe pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the leek, onion, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and the red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes (plus juices), beans, spinach and broth. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid and transfer to the oven. Cook until the vegetables are tender and the spinach has wilted, 25 to 30 minutes.
I took mine out of the oven after 25 minutes and gave it a good stir, and then placed it back in the oven for 5 more minutes.
Stir in the other 1/2 teaspoon of salt and enjoy!