Developing Our Research
The AGITG has a rich history of conducting practice changing clinical trials and cutting edge translational research. By conducting smaller scale pilot trials we have the necessary evidence to support funding submissions.
Our track record in publishing clinical trial research results and scientific outputs can be viewed here.
Concepts are reviewed by the Upper & Lower GI Working Parties and Consumer Advisory Panel.
We encourage investigators to bring research concepts forward through various avenues and opportunities offered by the AGITG.
Concepts that address the research priorities are particularly encouraged however all concepts addressing clinical questions in GI cancer are considered.
Current Forums for reviewing research include:
- New Concepts Symposium, presenting new concepts for feedback at the Annual Scientific Meeting
- AGITG Innovation Fund, providing an annual grant of up to $200,000
- Merck-AGITG Kristian Anderson Award, providing a grant of $36,700 to support the first year of MD or PhD research
- Idea Generation Workshop, where ideas are developed into research concepts for areas of unmet need
- Endorsed Study Model, where AGITG supports trials sponsored by another institution
- Expert Upper & Lower GI Working Parties, where all AGITG research concepts are reviewed for scientific merit
- Scientific Advisory Committee, assisting Working Parties in need of additional input
- Consumer Advisory Panel, advising on general research directions and priorities, from the consumer’s perspective.